Managing Work-Related Stress is a comprehensive
stress management workshop that uses a three-tiered approach
in which education, self-discovery, and experiential exercises
help employees take a proactive role in the area of stress
reduction. Employees are educated as to the latest research
on the causes and solutions of stress; questionnaires provide
a benchmark of employees’ stress levels and their current
coping mechanisms; and numerous opportunities are provided
to practice stress management techniques in class, at work
and at home to reinforce a positive lifestyle change.
The educational aspect of the seminar
includes lecture and discussion of such topics as:
- How does stress really affect your health;
- How do you to turn negative stress into
- How to relax anytime, and anywhere;
- What are the five stages of burnout?;
- How to counter your stress by knowing
your stress style;
- How to become stress hardy and look forward
- The latest research on the importance
of emotional support;
- How to positively alter the physical
environment and, of course;
- The many intricacies
of occupational stress.
In addition, each employee is assisted
in creating a personal contract in order to develop a concrete
plan for creating a healthier lifestyle.
Recognizing that each employee has a unique
personality and style, we offer a varied menu of stress-management
approaches from which he or she can choose. The approaches
we teach include:
- Progressive relaxation,
- Autogenic training
- Self-hypnosis, guided visualization,
- Applied relaxation
We also teach a myriad of one-minute “I
need help right now!” techniques.
Employees receive coaching throughout the seminar regarding
ways to fine-tune the techniques.