Managing Work-Related Stress is a comprehensive stress management workshop that uses a three-tiered approach in which education, self-discovery, and experiential exercises help employees take a proactive role in the area of stress reduction. Employees are educated as to the latest research on the causes and solutions of stress; questionnaires provide a benchmark of employees’ stress levels and their current coping mechanisms; and numerous opportunities are provided to practice stress management techniques in class, at work and at home to reinforce a positive lifestyle change.
The educational aspect of the seminar includes lecture and discussion of such topics as:
- How does stress really affect your health;
- How do you to turn negative stress into positive motivation?;
- How to relax anytime, and anywhere;
- What are the five stages of burnout?;
- How to counter your stress by knowing your stress style;
- How to become stress hardy and look forward to stress;
- The latest research on the importance of emotional support;
- How to positively alter the physical environment and, of course;
- The many intricacies of occupational stress.
In addition, each employee is assisted in creating a personal contract in order to develop a concrete plan for creating a healthier lifestyle.
Recognizing that each employee has a unique personality and style, we offer a varied menu of stress-management approaches from which he or she can choose. The approaches we teach include:
- Progressive relaxation,
- Autogenic training
- Self-hypnosis, guided visualization,
- Applied relaxation
We also teach a myriad of one-minute “I need help right now!” techniques.
Employees receive coaching throughout the seminar regarding ways to fine-tune the techniques.
Please contact us for more details and bookings.